Sunday, August 30, 2009
NAWBO National Handout, Ten Easy Steps to Start a Talkcast on Talkshoe
10 EASY STEPS TO START A TALK CAST ON TALK SHOE
1. Purchase microphone and head phones
2. Create Account at www.talkshoe.com
3. Create editorial calendar
4. Do a Test Call to check out how your sound will be and get familiar
5. Schedule Your First Episode
6. Invite and promote ( People join via phone, pc or listen on computer later)
7. Be prepared for commitment
8. Start a blog of the same name for your show notes and any additional blogs
9. Always plan your show
10. When you schedule a show, be sure to observe your start time and BE THERE!
• Check out my show blog for ideas: www.technogrannyshow.blogspot.com
• You can also change this to a domain name that does not use BlogSpot in it.
• Make sure that you add a widget from Talk Shoe for people who discover your blog and want to listen to your show.
• Use can also use: BlogtalkRadio which is also free.
• After you have some following, probably about twenty shows, start your own social network for your loyal listeners. This will give them an opportunity to comment on your show.
List on as many pod cast hosting sites as possible:
Here’s a list of popular Pod cast Directories.
iTunes, Podcast Pickle, Podcast Alley, Digg, Podcasting News, Pod-Planet, PodZinger,
Many Helpful Hints In “Host Lounge” on Talk Shoe, also you will receive periodic Talk Cast Invites where Hosts Share Strategies on a Talk Cast that will be archived but if you are live you can ask questions.
Check out current Internet Radio and TV channels for JQS Talkcasts at:
www.positivelypittsburghlivemagazine.com or www.talkshoe.com
Watch for these shows by JQS: Techno Granny Show, Monday Morning Marketeer, Professionals with Impact, PositivelyPittsburghLive
For additional info and Web 2.0 Gorilla Branding Training™
Contact: Joanne Quinn-Smith
Dreamweaver Marketing Associates
Links and RSS Feeds to Techno Granny Shows:
Techno Granny Show
Monday Morning Marketing:
Professionals with Impact:
Positively Pittsburgh Live:
Big hint for these links for the novice!
Click on line marked “link” to listen to the show.
If you would like the show to appear each time it is recorded then add the RSS (really simple syndication) to your blog or website. Great added content depending on your business.
© Joanne Quinn-Smith, 2009